Modern Web Development on the Jamstack
New Techniques for Ultra Fast Sites and Web Applications by Mathias Biilmann & Phil Hawksworth
Audiobook now available!
Download the eBook or Audiobook
Get the comprehensive guide to Jamstack best practices
This practical report explains how to run your web projects—from simple sites to complex applications—on the Jamstack, a modern web architecture for deploying fast, secure and highly-scalable sites that don’t require a traditional origin server.
With this report, you’ll explore:
- Methods for solving web development challenges—from bloated legacy architecture to managing microservices
- Why the Jamstack’s cleaner architecture eliminates the need to scale sites up front
- How separating the frontend from your build process makes maintenance easier
- Best practices for adopting the Jamstack in your organization
- A case study that examines how Smashing Magazine applied the Jamstack for commerce, authentication and membership, and publishing at scale
About the authors
Matt is the technical cofounder and CEO of Netlify, a platform for modern web development used by hundreds of thousands of developers worldwide. An active participant in open source, Matt has contributed to the following well-known projects: Netlify CMS, Ruby on Rails, JRuby, and Mongoid.
Phil is Director of Developer Experience Engineer at Netlify. After more than 20 years of building web applications for companies such as Google, Apple, Nike, and The London Stock Exchange, Phil has worked to challenge traditional technical architectures in favor of simplicity and effectiveness.
Key contributors and reviewers
Chris is Co-founder, Chief Strategy and Creative Officer of Netlify. Before Netlify he spent 14 years in the agency world, where he started Denmark’s first hybrid production agency and won many international awards. He stands behind services like headlesscms.org, TestMySite.IO and jamstack.org and is one of the originators of the Jamstack term.
Todd is creative director at Netlify, a passionate user of Jamstack technologies, and one of the early investors in the company. He co-founded The Rackspace Cloud and was creative director at the OpenStack Foundation.
Tara Z. Manicsic